Let property and landlords insurance policy benefits


Our let property and landlord insurance policies offer many benefits, here are the key features:

  • Emergency breakdown cover
  • Rent guarantee
  • Non standard lets
  • Multi tenancy

Emergency breakdown cover

Emergency breakdown cover for let properties provides 5 star service at a time when you need it the most - in the event of an emergency, a qualified professional will be sent out to the property to make repairs.

Your property will be covered for the first 2 hours of labour, parts and materials up to £500 (including VAT) for any single claim, and up to £1,000 (including VAT) over the period of the policy.

Areas covered include:

  • Plumbing and drainage systems
  • Electrical supply
  • Security including locks
  • Doors and windows
  • Primary heating system

All this cover can be achieved for just £61.95 per year per property. You can get a quote for this product whilst applying for our let property and landlords insurance. To obtain just this cover call 01608 647625 or go to our emergency breakdown insurance quote page.

Rent guarantee

Rent guarantee ensures that landlords will receive the rental payments on their property, even if the tenant is unable or unwilling to pay. Each insurance company has its own policy terms and conditions, with some offering no limit cover.

Generally all tenancy types are accepted, with six and twelve month options available. This type of insurance can also assist landlords with legal expenses should they require it. Read the documentation that comes with the policy carefully as most will require you carry out checks, often within certain time limits, and to be able to prove that you have done so. If you don't comply then the insurance company will be within their rights to refuse a claim.

Non standard lets

You can use Insure My Let Property to find insurance for almost every situation. We pride ourselves on the quality of service we provide and the huge variety of cover available.

In certain situations however, you may need to call our UK-based dedicated call centre on 01608 647640 (or use our contact page) to apply for specialist insurance. This usually occurs when you have multiple properties or own rented accommodation that does not fit the usual insurance stipulations.

Multiple tenancy

You can also get insurance for multiple tenancies with Insure My Let Property. This applies to properties where more than one tenancy agreement has been issued to tenants who are renting the same premises. A typical situation might be letting to students, where there are several individuals renting rooms and communal areas such as the kitchen and bathroom.

In addition to having different insurance requirements, multi-tenancy properties also are subject to local legislation. Landlords are required to apply for a licence from their local authority if the property they rent is subject to HMO license provisions.

Properties with five or more unrelated occupants, which are three or more stories high, are subject to additional licensing requirements by their local authority. For more information regarding your responsibilities go to http://www.communities.gov.uk.

Have you already started a quote?

Just enter your reference number and email address to recall your quote.

Need a little bit of help?
Why not give us a call...

01608 647640